September 9, 2010

Yummy Apple Crisp

Okay, I am going to attempt to put a new recipe on the blog once a week. For those of you that know me well, you know the cooking is not really my thing. I figure it I have to show my progress I may just get better!! 

Today we make Apple Crisp! MMMM!!!

What you will need:
  • 6 apples
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3 tablespoons white sugar
  • 2-1/4 teaspoons butter, melted

Step One:
Peel, Core and Slice the apples. 
Mix together with a 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon. 

In a seperate mixing bowl; mix together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and egg. 

The mixture should look like cornmeal.

Then place the apples in an 8 inch square baking pan. Pouring the flour mixture on top.

 Mix together 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar; sprinkle over the top of the crisp. Drizzle with butter or margarine.

Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour!

This dish is delish!! I served it with vanilla ice cream and it was a big hit!! MMmmm!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yum. I'll send you my apple dumpling recipe that is SUPER easy and you should also try the Pioneer Woman's Blackberry Cobbler. I made it the other night and I could've eaten the whole thing by myself! See you on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails