January 7, 2010

Mommy's Chicken Pot Pie

Anyone that knows me, knows that cooking is not my thing. So, when I became an unemployed stay at home girlfriend... Stud Muffin suggested that I start cooking. Hmm... I wondered if he was trying to kill himself or something. I mean, seriously, there are national disasters when I am in the kitchen! But, I did what any other prissy, semi-spoiled, non-domestic girl would do... I called my Mommy!
This is now one of Stud Muffin's very favorite meals... and it is so easy I could do it!

Ingredients:
2 Cans Chunk White Chicken*
1 Large Can Veg.All Large Cut (or 2 small cans)
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup*
1 tsp. Celery Seed
1 Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese*
1 Can Frozen Biscuits

Drain all cans.
Pour into bowl and mix all.
Mix in 1 tsp. Celery Seed & 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar.

Pour into a 2 quart pan.
Add frozen buscuits on top (not touching)

Bake at 425 for 30 minutes.

*My Substitutions:
I normally cook 2 chicken breasts and chop them into some cubes instead of using canned chicken.
I use the 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken (The day I find a lactose free version I will be SUPER HAPPY!!)
I also go without the cheese. I know it tastes better with cheese but I try to stay away from dairy and Stud Muffin prefers it this way as well.
Also, if you have a round dish... the biscuits seem to fit just right. My apartment does not allow for me to have more than one pan so I cut the biscuits up to cover the entire pan.
I normally cook at about 375 as opposed to 425 but that is just my crazy oven.
Keep in mind that the biscuits get crispy on top and stay really gooey on bottom. Its the BEST PART!!
ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails