April 8, 2010

Yooooo Gabba Gabba take Toronto...

Sorry for the delay, yet again, in posting but I just cannot seem to catch up on the daily activities here. Hot mess is what I am these days people!!

Anyhow, back to the Gabba recap. 

On March 15 - 17 we were in Toronto! The sun finally made an appearance for the Gabba Gang, the crew got to sleep somewhere other than the bus and the cast got a real day off! It is amazing how those three little things seemed to change the spirits of most. For the first time in a week or so, I went 24 hours without someone complaining to me! So happy. (I am patient, really patient, but I do not like whining!! ...and make that reason #300 to never be a mommy)

I had a great time in Toronto. I actually got to eat dinner with the cast one night. Found out some people eat the shrimp tails. Odd, I know. Got to go shopping... well, until I realized it was cheaper to shop in NYC and loved the local crew at the venue.

Now, customs was a different story. Going into Canada it only took about 30 minutes. On the way back into the states. Whew. Maybe it was just because it was 1am and I was sleeping but it felt like it took forever. These poor girls in front of us where getting grilled about going to Canada to drink and then coming back home. This man was getting the worlds longest lecture about his paperwork and talk about some serious egos in that room! Whoa! We go up to the counter and tell them we are with a kids show. They asked which one and then the customs officer proceeds to tell our director that he hates the show. Awesome. Then I got yelled at for having my hands in my pockets. Eventually we all got through and came back to the oh so friendly USA. 

Had a good time in Canada but word to the wise. AT&T may give you a global/internaional plan but that does not cover our neighbor to the North. Really? Why? So annoyed to not be able to text while I was gone! :( Oh well. I survived.

More to come soon Dancing Readers! More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails